Our Virtual Wellbeing Library
Feel free to browse around and choose any book to read or listen to, all you have to do is click on the book cover and it will direct you to the website.
5 Ways To Wellbeing
The 5 Ways to Wellbeing are – Connect, Be Active, Keep Learning, Give, Take Notice.
They help people take care of their mental health and wellbeing. Regularly practising the Five Ways is beneficial for everyone – whether you have a mental health problem or not.
Why the 5 Ways work:
- Connect: Strengthening relationships with others and feeling close to and valued by others, including at work, is critical to boosting wellbeing.
- Keep Learning: Being curious and seeking out new experiences at work and in life more generally positively stimulates the brain.
- Be Active: Being physically active, including at work, improves physical health and can improve mood and wellbeing and decrease stress, depression and anxiety.
- Give: Carrying out acts of kindness, whether small or large, can increase happiness, life satisfaction and general sense of wellbeing.
- Take Notice: Paying more attention to the present moment, to thoughts and feelings and to the world around, boosts our wellbeing.
Ideas for 5 Ways to Wellbeing
Supporting your child at home
Here are two recommendations from our school nurse to help parents at home with their child’s
mental health and wellbeing.
Ollee is a digital friend for ages 8-11 – created by Parent Zone and funded by BBC Children in Need.
It helps children explore feelings around school, family, friends, the world and much, much more.
Access support by downloading the Ollee app.
Health for Kids website is packed with fun ideas to help children be healthy and happy as they grow. There is a resource area for parents and carers too.
Action For Happiness calendars
Take a look at these Wellbeing calendars. There are some great ideas to share at home and help with your own wellbeing.