NumBots is an online arithmetic app. Playing little and often will significantly improve your child’s recall and understanding of both number bonds and addition and subtraction facts. These are two critical foundations in Maths and NumBots allows users to develop a depth of understanding in these areas in a series of games and challenges.
There are two game modes available in NumBots: Story Mode and Challenge Mode.
- Story Mode - the emphasis is on learning the ideas and concepts behind addition and subtraction so it features more diagrams, shapes and question styles. This mode follows a natural mathematical sequence and pupils progress by earning stars, a bit like Angry Birds.
- Challenge Mode – the emphasis is more on speed of recall of key facts, like number bonds to 10, doubling small numbers or adding & taking away mentally. Challenge Mode is unlocked once players reach a certain level on Story Mode. To unlock the next Challenge, players must correctly answer 12 questions in a minute.
OUR TEACHER TOP TIPS:
- In order to get the best out of NumBots children should regularly play for short bursts so we would ask you to limit them to 5 minutes per day.
- Don’t allow siblings, friends or family to answer for them but do support your child if they’re stuck.
- Allow children to work in a quiet space while they are using NumBots.
Please contact your child's class teacher if you have any issues accessing the app or need support navigating the different game modes.