Our vision for Religious Education at Kingshurst Primary School:
- Acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of principal religions.
- Enhance spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development, enabling everyone to feel valued as members of the school, local and global community.
- Enable curiosity to question, confidence to challenge and resilience to be challenged.
- Develop positive attitudes of respect towards other people who hold views and beliefs different to their own and towards living in a society of diverse religious beliefs.
- Fulfil the requirements of the Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education for Solihull.
The Religious Education curriculum will develop a set of skills, knowledge and understanding through children actively taking part in their learning through purposeful, relevant and hands on opportunities, experiences and exposure to the wider world; bringing these experiences into the classroom. The curriculum starts with what the children’s knowledge and experiences and build on that through enquiry led learning, reflecting on their interests in order to develop a love of learning.
At Kingshurst we believe that R.E. both supports and strengthens what we aim to do in every aspect of school life. Our caring ethos and the value which we place on the development of the whole child; spiritually, morally, socially, culturally and intellectually is reflected in the R.E. curriculum.
At Kingshurst we believe in the importance of developing good relationships throughout all aspects of school life. Religious Education has a crucial part to play in helping to recognise and appreciate the contribution religion, in its varied aspects. We believe it is important not only to learn about religion, but also to learn from religion. R.E. is exciting and absolutely relevant to the lives of all our children.